Careers at Editas
Director/Senior Director, Program Management – 1072 – Cambridge, MA
Location — Cambridge, MA
What if you could repair broken genes? That is the question we ask ourselves at Editas Medicine. We’re focused on translation the power and potential of the CRISPR/Cas9 and CRISPR/Cpf1 (also known as Cas12a) genome editing systems into a robust pipeline of medicines for people living with serious diseases around the world. Our goal is to discover, develop, manufacture, and commercialize transformative, durable, precision genomic medicines for many diseases.
We’re looking for talented, dedicated, passionate people to join our team and help us pioneer this field and do big, bold things that have never been achieved before.
Are you full of hope, possibilities, and a belief that, working together, we can truly revolutionize the development of medicines to help patients around the world? If the answer is yes, then Editas Medicine is the place for you.
We are seeking an experienced program management professional to serve as Program Leader for one or more of Editas’ development programs. The ideal candidate will have a strong scientific background and experience developing drugs in Immunology or Oncology indications. The candidate is expected to leverage their knowledge and experience to play a leadership role on Editas’ cross-functional to translate scientific ideas into new medicines for patients.
• Serve as Program Leader for one or more cross-functional program teams to provide strategic leadership and to serve as point of primary accountability for program.
o Proactively define (with cross-functional development team) program strategy, goals, decision points and potential areas of risk and/or risk mitigation.
o Clearly define team structure, roles and responsibilities to meet program goals.
o Serve as primary spokesperson for program; regularly communicate program progress and issues to key stakeholders, senior management, and external committees.
o Foster a team culture of ownership, continuous evaluation and improvement; ensure recognition of team achievements.
o Ensure clarity of mission and accountability for critical program objectives.
• Display poise and self-confidence to interact with partners, decision boards and conduct difficult conversations if needed.
• Contribute expertise to the continuing development of the program management function to help further the needs of the business.
• Identify need for external expertise and engage outside experts as needed.
• A highly motivated, goal and results-oriented individual with a Ph.D. or equivalent.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
• A thorough understanding of the drug development process and working knowledge of the essential activities for all key functional areas.
• Desire and demonstrated ability to perform at a strategic level as well as in a hands-on capacity.
• A minimum of 7 years of experience as a Program Leader and/or Manager of drug development programs.
• Early clinical Trial experience required; late stage clinical trial experience desired.
• Ability to drive decision-making.
• Ability to work with scientific team members at all levels.
• Experience with gene or cell therapy development programs is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package. All applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the US.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. The company will not be responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.