Careers at Editas
Associate Corporate Counsel – 1095 – Cambridge, MA
Location – Cambridge, MA
What if you could repair broken genes? That is the question we ask ourselves at Editas Medicine. We’re focused on translating the power and potential of the CRISPR/Cas9 and CRISPR/Cpf1 (also known as Cas12a) genome editing systems into a robust pipeline of medicines for people living with serious diseases around the world. Our goal is to discover, develop, manufacture, and commercialize transformative, durable, precision genomic medicines for many diseases.
We’re looking for talented, dedicated, passionate people to join our team and help us pioneer this field and do big, bold things that have never been achieved before.
Are you full of hope, possibilities, and a belief that, working together, we can truly revolutionize the development of medicines to help patients around the world? If the answer is yes, then Editas Medicine is the place for you.
Editas Medicine is seeking a highly motivated and experienced corporate attorney to join its growing legal team. The attorney will partner across functions to develop, negotiate, and execute a high volume of contracts; manage, update and revise template agreements for the organization; oversee contract management software system and contract policies and procedures; and provide any other legal support as may be needed within the organization. The attorney will report to Editas’ Corporate Counsel.
• Draft, negotiate and manage a high volume and variety of contracts, including CDAs, MTAs, SRAs, MSAs, SOWs and licensing, collaboration, manufacturing, and clinical trial agreements
• Provide pragmatic and timely legal advice to support the organization’s business and scientific teams during the preparation, negotiation, and execution of various contractual arrangements
• Maintain and oversee a contract management platform; ensure compliance with active contractual arrangements
• Develop and improve internal template agreements
• Collaboratively and pro-actively build strong cross-functional working relationships between the Legal Team and other functions within the organization Participate in various Legal Team projects and initiatives
• Other functions and responsibilities as determined by the needs of the Legal Team
• J.D. from an accredited law school
• Licensed and in good standing to practice law in Massachusetts
• Between 2-3 years of relevant experience drafting and negotiating a wide variety of contracts, preferably with experience in a law firm and/or in-house biopharmaceutical/biotech company settings
• Experience with licensing and technology transactions preferred
• Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and be effective under pressure in a fast-paced environment with a high volume of transactions for multiple departments
• A team player with excellent interpersonal, analytical, communication (written and verbal), organizational, and decision-making skills
• Ability to work independently and pro-actively
We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package. All applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the US.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. The company will not be responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.