Careers at Editas
Associate Director, Investor Relations – 1022 – Cambridge, MA
Location – Cambridge, MA
What if you could repair broken genes? That is the question we ask ourselves at Editas Medicine. We’re focused on translating the power and potential of the CRISPR/Cas9 and CRISPR/Cpf1 (also known as Cas12a) genome editing systems into a robust pipeline of medicines for people living with serious diseases around the world. Our goal is to discover, develop, manufacture, and commercialize trans-formative, durable, precision genomic medicines for many diseases.
We’re looking for talented, dedicated, passionate people to join our team and help us pioneer this field and do big, bold things that have never been achieved before.
Are you full of hope, possibilities, and a belief that, working together, we can truly revolutionize the development of medicines to help patients around the world. If the answer is yes, then Editas Medicine is the place for you.
• Develop and execute the company’s investor relations strategy
• Develop written materials including press releases, conference call scripts, slide presentations, and Q&A documents; to prepare for quarterly calls, conference presentations, and other investor events
• Plan, manage, and oversee external events including conferences, analyst days, and non-deal roadshows
• Collaborate with leadership team and key stakeholders to define strategic communications delivered to investors and analysts
• Maintain comprehensive, current knowledge of Editas’ research and development approaches and business strategies to better inform IR strategy
• Develop and manage relationships and maintain regular communication with investors and analysts, to provide up-to-date information
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or related graduate degree preferred
• 8+ years of experience in Investor Relations
• Experience in life sciences/biotechnology sector highly preferred
• Investment experience (sellside or buyside) or strategy/management consulting background highly desirable
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; outstanding presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to translate complex scientific, financial and investment information
• High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint for investor presentations and Excel for financial modeling
• Ability to adapt to dynamic and evolving priorities and respond to variable timelines with accuracy and urgency
• Creative and strategic thinker with ability to adapt quickly to a high-growth, fast paced environment
• Ability to operate as an independent and self-directed contributor with strong attention to detail
• Demonstrates high level of accountability and an ownership mindset
• Able to communicate complex issues in a simple way, to orchestrate plans to resolve issues, and mitigate risks
• Willingness to roll-up sleeves and be hands-on
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop important relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
• The ability to work cooperatively with others; the genuine desire to be a part of a team and contribute to organizational and team goals
We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package. All applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the US.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. The company will not be responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.