Careers at Editas
Research Associate I/II – In Vivo Pharmacology
Location – Cambridge, MA
What if you could repair broken genes? That is the question we ask ourselves at Editas Medicine. We’re focused on translating the power and potential of the CRISPR/Cas9 and CRISPR/Cpf1 (also known as Cas12a) genome editing systems into a robust pipeline of medicines for people living with serious diseases around the world. Our goal is to discover, develop, manufacture, and commercialize transformative, durable, precision genomic medicines for many diseases.
We’re looking for talented, dedicated, passionate people to join our team and help us pioneer this field and do big, bold things that have never been achieved before.
Are you full of hope, possibilities, and a belief that, working together, we can truly revolutionize the development of medicines to help patients around the world. If the answer is yes, then Editas Medicine is the place for you.
Editas is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate I/II to join our in vivo pharmacology group. The candidate will be responsible for conducting preclinical animal studies to support the development of gene-editing based therapies in multiple disease areas, including ophthalmology, oncology, and hematology. The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic team and will interact with the discovery, platform, process development groups, as well as contract research organizations. The successful candidate should demonstrate strong work ethics and ability to work in a fast-paced and highly demanding work environment.
- Execute in vivo studies in ophthalmology and oncology disease areas.
- Perform routine injections (sc, ip, iv) in mice, monitor animal health, collect tissue and blood samples, measure tumor volume, perform anesthesia and necropsies.
- Establish new animal models as needed.
- Properly handle viral vectors such as AAV and HSV-1.
- Perform basic molecular biology work such as DNA and RNA extraction and PCR, western blot, and ELISA.
- Analyze and present data within the organization.
- Share responsibility in maintaining lab equipment and reagent inventory.
- Maintain lab notebook in a timely fashion.
- Interact with vendors, CROs, collaborators and internal various functions.
- BS or MS in Biology related field of study with 1- 2 years of hands-on experience in laboratory animals in academic or industry setting.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented. Quick learner and willing to be trained in new techniques.
- Committed to drive assignments to completion, well-organized and excellent in multi-tasking.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skill and excel in a team environment
- Experience in performing anesthesia (isoflurane and ketamine) and a background in Ophthalmology and/or Oncology.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package. All applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the US.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. The company will not be responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.