Careers at Editas
Scientist I, Ex Vivo Pharmacology – 1034 – Cambridge, MA
Scientist I – Pharmacology
Location – Cambridge, MA
What if you could repair broken genes? That is the question we ask ourselves at Editas Medicine. We’re focused on translating the power and potential of the CRISPR/Cas9 and CRISPR/Cpf1 (also known as Cas12a) genome editing systems into a robust pipeline of medicines for people living with serious diseases around the world. Our goal is to discover, develop, manufacture, and commercialize trans-formative, durable, precision genomic medicines for many diseases.
We’re looking for talented, dedicated, passionate people to join our team and help us pioneer this field and do big, bold things that have never been achieved before.
Are you full of hope, possibilities, and a belief that, working together, we can truly revolutionize the development of medicines to help patients around the world? If the answer is yes, then Editas Medicine is the place for you.
The main responsibilities of the candidate are to assist with the strategy, planning and execution of activities related to pre-clinical pharmacology. Activities include:
- Strategy for and oversight of animal model development and characterization in the area of oncology and cell therapies
- Design experiments and develop assays critical to understand in-vivo therapeutic activity, efficacy, and PK/PD properties
- Suggest refinements and optimization to in-life procedures, based on study requests from project teams
- Perform pre-clinical proof-of-concept and interact with clinical development team to design and supervise IND-enabling studies
- Experience managing studies remotely through CRO collaborators
- Documentation of assay development and animal study results
- Responsible for write-up or review of pre-clinical pharmacology-related section of IND
- PhD in pharmacology (or related disciplines) with a minimum of 3-5 years of industrial experience. Experience in oncology is a plus
- A broad knowledge and proven ability to develop/evaluate disease models for efficacy studies in oncology area
- Ability and commitment to high-quality research and the execution of research plans in a timely and organized manner
- Strong written and communication skills; and an ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse team in a fast-pace and dynamic environment
- Creative and strategic thinker with ability to adapt quickly to a high-growth, fast paced environment
- Able to communicate complex issues in a simple way, to orchestrate plans to resolve issues, and mitigate risks
- Willingness to roll-up sleeves and be hands-on
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop important relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to work cooperatively with others; the genuine desire to be a part of a team and contribute to organizational and team goals
We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package. All applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the US.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. The company will not be responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.