Careers at Editas
Software Engineer/Informatics Developer – 1140 – Boulder, CO
Location – Boulder, CO
What if you could repair broken genes? That is the question we ask ourselves at Editas Medicine. We’re focused on translating the power and potential of the CRISPR/Cas9 and CRISPR/Cpf1 (also known as Cas12a) genome editing systems into a robust pipeline of medicines for people living with serious diseases around the world. Our goal is to discover, develop, manufacture, and commercialize trans-formative, durable, precision genomic medicines for many diseases.
We’re looking for talented, dedicated, passionate people to join our team and help us pioneer this field and do big, bold things that have never been achieved before.
Are you full of hope, possibilities, and a belief that, working together, we can truly revolutionize the development of medicines to help patients around the world? If the answer is yes, then Editas Medicine is the place for you.
We are currently building an informatics platform that spans a wide range of our needs ranging from LIMS development, lab automation, and data pipeline management. To support our platform, Editas is seeking to hire an informatics developer with proven expertise in designing and implementing a LIMS to handle a variety of lab functions and experiments (NGS, etc.). They should also have knowledge and experience managing scientific data and processes, building automation, and interacting with scientists and researchers. Experience with modern development practices, Tableau, web and web services development and cloud computing is highly desirable as well.
Position will be working remotely to a small informatics team that designs, develops, and deploys the enterprise software systems that support our science group. Professional experience developing Java software in biotech required. Python and Scala experience helpful. You should be familiar with terms like JAXB, JSON, GIT, Jersey, AWS, web services, serverless and HTML5.
Responsibilities will include:
· Building and supporting a LIMS to support the laboratory and scientists
· Collaborate with informatics team and produce reliable, testable software
· Interacting with scientists and translating their needs into software design and tools
· Demonstrated ability to work successfully within small groups (multi-level staff/internal and external members) as well as complete work independently
· Develop and maintain Integration with laboratory equipment, LIMS and ELN
· Generate reports from multiple data sources to generate dashboards using Tableau
· Tool development to support workflow, web services integration between platforms
· B.S. degree in Computer Science or relevant software engineering discipline
· Minimum 8+ years professional experience (title commensurate with experience)
· Demonstrated ability to work independently, gather requirements, implement solutions
· Good knowledge of informatics, LIMS, laboratory automation and data management
· Java, web services, web design, cloud (AWS), DevOps and Unix-based computing
· Experience supporting and working directly with scientists
· Strong written and oral communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package. All applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the US.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. The company will not be responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.