Careers at Editas
Director, Financial Planning and Analysis – 1137 – Cambridge, MA
Location — Cambridge, MA
What if you could repair broken genes? That is the question we ask ourselves at Editas Medicine. We’re focused on translating the power and potential of the CRISPR/Cas9 and CRISPR/Cpf1 (also known as Cas12a) genome editing systems into a robust pipeline of medicines for people living with serious diseases around the world. Our goal is to discover, develop, manufacture, and commercialize transformative, durable, precision genomic medicines for many diseases.
We’re looking for talented, dedicated, passionate people to join our team and help us pioneer this field and do big, bold things that have never been achieved before.
Are you full of hope, possibilities, and a belief that, working together, we can truly revolutionize the development of medicines to help patients around the world? If the answer is yes, then Editas Medicine is the place for you.
Editas is searching for a highly motivated, resourceful, technical thinker to join our growing Finance team. This role will be responsible for leading the Company’s financial planning and analysis duties, internal financial reporting and detailed variance analysis.
Reporting to the Vice President, Finance, the Director of FP&A will be a key business partner to Editas’ R&D organization and, in coordination with other members of the Finance team, help to support executive management of Editas as a whole.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
• Drive the annual operating budget process, the mid-year reforecast, and quarterly and monthly tracking analytics to help ensure alignment between financial metrics and the strategic direction of the business
• Lead long-range planning activities, including working with business partners to help in developing key strategies, tactics, and financial approaches to support 5-year company goals
• Preparation of monthly and quarterly accruals for significant R&D related expenditures for the financial close
• Serve as the finance department contact for collaboration arrangements, including monthly and quarterly FTE and cost reporting to partners and developing quarterly accrual estimates based on project completion to support the financial close
• Serve as a strategic business partner with our R&D team providing monthly reporting on key areas of the business, including analysis of actual results, key trends impacting the business, and projections of future spend
• Review purchase requisitions as necessary to confirm alignment with the budget and appropriateness of spend
• Prepare monthly flash and management reports
• Analyze financial statements, cash flows, and operating expenditures
• Perform ad hoc analysis and reports as needed
• Lead implementation process for FP&A systems, including planning and setup of financial systems, reporting capabilities, and related processes
• Develop a comprehensive understanding of key business drivers and deliver financial plans and analyses that lead to effective and insightful decision making
• BS/BA in accounting, finance, or economics; MBA, CPA, CFA preferred
• 10+ years of financial analysis experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry with public company and major audit/consulting firm (Big 4 plus Big 3) experience preferred
• Strong understanding of Excel and ERP systems
• Ability to work within and meet all deadlines while executing on multiple deliverables
• Relentless attention to detail
• Analytical self-starter with a high emphasis on teamwork, timeliness, and quality of work
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal and leadership skills and effective in working collaboratively with cross functional team members and with external partners
• Financial statement knowledge and understanding of US GAAP
• Experience managing and developing a team
• System knowledge including Oracle Fusion, Adaptive, Jaggear, and ADP
• Career minded, team player with a strong work ethic and the ability to lead
We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package. All applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the US.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. The company will not be responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.