Effective Date: 12/12/2019
Information we collect
Personal Information You Provide. When we use the term “personal information” in this Policy, we mean any information we directly associate with a specific person or that can be reasonably used to identify a specific person. We collect any personal information you provide us through the Web Site, for example, when you enter information into any form fields on the Web Site. In particular, we may collect the following:
- Contact information, such as your name, email address and phone number, which we may use to communication with you and respond to your requests and inquiries;
- Communication preferences, which we use to manage who we engage with you; and
- Inquiries you make, including the content of your voice and email messages, which we use to respond to your inquiries.
Information Collected Automatically. We use certain technologies on the Web Site to collect information that does not directly reveal your identity. We refer to this as “other information.” If we associate other information with personal information, we will treat the combined information as personal information in accordance with this Policy. The technologies we use include the following:
- Logging functionality. We may collect information about your visit to the Web Site, including the pages you view, the links you click, the device you use to access the Web Site and other actions taken in connection with the Web Site and services. We may also collect certain standard information that your browser sends to every web site you visit, such as your IP address, browser type and language, access times and referring Web site addresses.
- Analytics. We use analytics providers, such as Google Analytics, to help us evaluate and measure the use and performance of the Web Site. To opt out of the aggregation and analysis of the data collected about you on the Website by Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and download and install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Use of personal information
In addition to the uses described above, we use the information we collect through the website, both personal information and other information, for the following purposes:
- internally to serve our users and to enhance and extend our relationship with our users;
- operating our business, maintaining, delivering and improving services we can offer to our users;
- preventing, investigating or providing notice of fraud, unlawful or criminal activity or unauthorized access to or use of personal information, the Web Site or data systems or to meet legal obligations;
- for any other lawful, legitimate business purposes.
Disclosure of personal information
Except as set forth in this Policy, we do not disclose, sell, rent, loan, trade or lease any personal information collected through the Web Site to any third party. We may share your personal information with third parties in the following ways:
- Affiliates. We may disclose your information to other companies within the Editas Medicine family of companies.
- Partners. We may disclose your information to our partners, including other companies, such as those listed or referenced on the Web Site.
- Service Providers. Third party service providers who perform services on our behalf may have access to your personal information in the course of providing the services to us. These providers include IT services and support providers, as well as [analytics providers and] services providers who help us with responding to your requests. We typically require these service providers by contract to keep information confidential, and to only use the information on our behalf.
- Legal Process, Safety and Terms Enforcement. We may disclose your personal information to legal or government regulatory authorities in response to their requests for such information or to assist in investigations. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with claims, disputes or litigation, when otherwise required by law, if we determine its disclosure is necessary to protect the health and safety of you, us or others or to enforce our legal rights or contractual commitments that you have made.
- Business Transfers. Your personal information may be disclosed as a part of a corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture or financing or sale of company assets, and could be transferred to a third party as one of the business assets in such transaction. It may also be disclosed in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership.
Children / Minors
The services made available through this Web Site are not directed to, and we do not intend to, or knowingly, collect or solicit personal information from children or minors under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years old, do not provide us with any personal information by any means. If a child under 13 has provided personal information to us, we encourage the child’s parent or guardian to contact us as provided below to request that we remove the personal information from our systems.
Choice and access
Editas Medicine gives users the following options for accessing, changing and deleting personal information previously provided, or opting out of receiving communications from us:
– email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will retain your personal information for as long as reasonably useful for our purposes consistent with the terms of this Policy and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations or data retention policy, to resolve disputes and to enforce our agreements.
International Data Transfers
Editas Medicine is headquartered in the United States and your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. By using the Web Site, you agree to the transfer of information to jurisdictions outside of your jurisdiction of residence.
Links to other Websites and Mobile Applications
For your information and convenience, the Web Site contains links to websites and mobile applications, such as LinkedIn or Workable. These websites and/or mobile applications are operated by third parties. Some of the mobile applications may collect sensitive information about you, such as location information. This Policy does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, the practices of third parties that collect your personal information either through their websites, mobile applications or otherwise. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those third parties to learn about their information practices.
Updates to this Policy
This Policy is subject to occasional revisions, and if we make any material changes in the way we use your personal information, we will notify you by prominently posting notice of the changes on the Web Site and updating the effective date of the Policy.
Any changes to this Policy will be effective upon thirty calendar days following our posting of notice of the changes on the Web Site. If you do not wish to permit changes in our use of your personal information, you must notify us that you wish for us to delete your personal information prior to the effective date of the changes. Continued use of the Web Site following such changes will indicate your acknowledgement of and agreement to be bound by the changes.
Questions and concerns
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of our Web Site, or your dealings with our Web Site, please contact us at the following address or email us at email@example.com.
Editas Medicine, Inc., 11 Hurley Street, Cambridge MA 02141