Careers at Editas
Sr Research Associate, Clinical Cell Line Engineering
Location — Online
What if you could repair broken genes? That is the question we ask ourselves at Editas Medicine. We’re focused on translating the power and potential of the CRISPR/Cas9 and CRISPR/Cpf1 (also known as Cas12a) genome editing systems into a robust pipeline of medicines for people living with serious diseases around the world. Our goal is to discover, develop, manufacture, and commercialize transformative, durable, precision genomic medicines for many diseases.
We’re looking for talented, dedicated, passionate people to join our team. Are you full of hope, possibilities, and a belief that, working together, we can truly revolutionize the development of medicines to help patients around the world? If the answer is yes, then Editas Medicine is the place for you.
We are seeking a Senior Research Associate to develop induced Pluripotent Stem Cell (iPSC) lines and be part of bringing forward a new generation of engineered cell-based medicines. This person will join a team genetically engineering iPSC lines using Editas’s proprietary expertise in gene editing to improve oncolytic activity, evade the patient immune-system, and increase persistence of cells in the body. This individual will be responsible for developing and implementing clinically compatible platform processes to edit, isolate, and characterize clonal cell banks. Automation of cell culture, including the use of liquid handling robots, microplate handlers, and automated microscopes will be involved. The individual will work closely with iPSC expansion and differentiation teams as well as the immunogenetics, CMC/manufacturing, and QA/QC groups. Previous Experience with development of mammalian cell lines, especially for either cell-based therapies or biologics production (eg CHO, HEK293), is desired. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of creating cell-based medicines, combining the potential of off-the-shelf iPSC and CRISPR-based gene editing.
• Create genetically engineered iPSC cell banks for research team and clinical CMC team that will eventually be used to produce clinical material
• Work as part of a team, adhere to protocols, and maintain detailed documentation
• Maintain close interactions with the iPSC expansion and differentiation teams as well as the immunogenetics, CMC/manufacturing, and QA/QC groups
• Design experiments, analyze, interpret, and present results and recommendations to therapeutic project teams, external collaborators, and senior leadership
• Stay current with the iPSC literature, external competitors, and the global scientific community, especially as it relates to cell-based therapeutic development
• BA/BS in cell biology, molecular biology, or related field, with greater than 5 years of experience, MA/MS with greater than 3 years of experience
• Experience with mammalian cell culture and cell bank creation
• Familiarity with cellular engineering, not necessarily CRISPR/CAS, but genetically modifying cell lines, transfection, selection, clonal isolation, and high-throughput screening
• Strong background and scientific acumen demonstrated by education, publications, career progression, and accomplishment
We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package. All applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the US.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. The company will not be responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.