Careers at Editas
Senior Associate, Accounting – 1130 – Cambridge, MA
Location – Cambridge, MA
What if you could repair broken genes? That is the question we ask ourselves at Editas Medicine. We’re focused on translating the power and potential of the CRISPR/Cas9 and CRISPR/Cpf1 (also known as Cas12a) genome editing systems into a robust pipeline of medicines for people living with serious diseases around the world. Our goal is to discover, develop, manufacture, and commercialize trans-formative, durable, precision genomic medicines for many diseases.
We’re looking for talented, dedicated, passionate people to join our team and help us pioneer this field and do big, bold things that have never been achieved before.
Are you full of hope, possibilities, and a belief that, working together, we can truly revolutionize the development of medicines to help patients around the world. If the answer is yes, then Editas Medicine is the place for you.
Editas Medicine is looking for a highly motivated and detail oriented individual to join our growing Accounting team. In this newly created position, we’re looking for a team member to:
• Manage the day-to-day accounting needs and the quarterly close process
• Be a primary point of contact for requests and questions with the external auditors
• Develop and maintain the Company’s narratives and internal control matrix. Work with key processes owners to educate them on internal controls. Be the main point of contact with the auditors regarding internal control compliance and requests
• Evaluate assigned processes and recommend improvement to maximize efficiencies and ensure conformity to internal policy and procedure and regulatory requirements
• Collaborate across the finance team and other operational departments on cross-functional initiatives
• Help maintain accounting systems, including recommending system solutions for business needs, obtaining a deep understanding of current accounting IT infrastructure and provide advisory improvements, help assist with business requirements and scoping, assist with the design and delivery of application training for all employees and the finance team
• Perform monthly close activities, including preparation of journal entries, reconciliation of various balance sheet and P&L accounts, as well as performance of analytical reviews related to clinical trials, manufacturing, and patent expense as needed
• Prepare audit schedules and assist auditors as needed to complete the annual audit.
• Assist in preparation of quarterly and annual SEC filings, financial statements, and other management reports
• Ensure all accounting policies and procedures are documented and in line with relevant GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
• Gather, analyze and report financial operating results and insights to the Leadership Team
• Assist in managing external relationship with external auditors, tax preparers and commercial banking partners
• Conduct technical accounting research and assist with ad hoc projects as they may arise
• Cross-train members of the financial reporting team
• Maintain and administer Editas’ equity program via Equity Edge
• Ensure all SOX controls are adhered to during the Equity process
• Prepare quarter-end stock-based compensation schedules and calculate the appropriate expense
• Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Accounting
• CPA qualified is preferred
• Experience implementing significant process and technology improvements, significant functional experience specifically in accounting operations in a publicly traded company environment
• Minimum of 4-5 years of related public company experience including internal controls or a big 4 accounting firm with increasing level of responsibility and demonstrated leadership skills
• Experience managing and developing a team
• Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines
• In-depth knowledge of and ability to apply generally accepted accounting principles and concepts
• System knowledge including Oracle Fusion, Equity Edge, and ADP
• Must be a critical thinker and problem solver able to question what is and recommend what should be
• Career minded, team player with a strong work ethic and the ability to lead
We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package. All applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the US.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. The company will not be responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.