Careers at Editas
Senior Research Associate, Investigational Pathology – 1098 – Cambridge, MA
Location – Cambridge, MA
What if you could repair broken genes? That is the question we ask ourselves at Editas Medicine. We’re focused on translating the power and potential of the CRISPR/Cas9 and CRISPR/Cpf1 (also known as Cas12a) genome editing systems into a robust pipeline of medicines for people living with serious diseases around the world. Our goal is to discover, develop, manufacture, and commercialize transformative, durable, precision genomic medicines for many diseases.
We’re looking for talented, dedicated, passionate people to join our team and help us pioneer this field and do big, bold things that have never been achieved before.
Are you full of hope, possibilities, and a belief that, working together, we can truly revolutionize the development of medicines to help patients around the world? If the answer is yes, then Editas Medicine is the place for you.
Editas is seeking a highly motivated Senior Research Associate to join our Investigational Pathology group. The candidate will be responsible for conducting histopathological experiments to support the development of gene-editing based therapies in multiple disease areas, including ophthalmology, neurology and oncology. The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic team and will interact with the discovery, platform, process development groups, as well as contract research organizations. The successful candidate should demonstrate strong work ethics and ability to work in a fast-paced and highly demanding work environment.
• Serve as technical resources for histology and histotechnology.
• Interact closely with in vivo team for tissue collection. Perform tissue processing, tissue embedding and sectioning.
• Perform complex assignments independently. Design and execute histopathological experiments with appropriate controls, such as IHC, IF, multiplex staining, ISH and other tissue based assays manually and with automation.
• Imaging with automated whole slide scanner, and/or confocal and fluorescent microscopes as needed.
• Develop assays and trouble shoot under certain supervision.
• Analyze and present data within the organization.
• Share responsibility in maintaining lab equipment and sample/reagent inventory.
• Maintain an electronic lab notebook and contribute to supporting documentation.
• Work with CROs as necessary.
• BS degree in life sciences with 5+ years of related industry experience or MS degree in life sciences with 2+ years of related industry experience.
• Demonstrated skills in histology related techniques.
• Well organized and demonstrated ability in sample tracking and documentation.
• Self-motivated and detail oriented. Quick learner and eager to learn new techniques.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skill and excel in a team environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package. All applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the US.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. The company will not be responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.